Monday, June 27, 2011

Feelin' hot, hot, hot

Bet you think I am going to talk about the weather here in Michigan or this totally hot guy I met.  NOPE.  The "hot" I am referring to are "hot flashes".  Yup, I think I am having hot flashes.  According to my mother, they are not full blown hot flashes, otherwise my shirt would be drenched and I would have to put on a new one.  I gotta tell ya, if they get much hotter, I may burst into flames!!

Let me describe the feeling to you and then you can see what you think.  I was folding clothes in my living room, dressed in a tank top and shorts with my air conditioning cranking.  My house was a cool seventy-two degrees.  As I was folding, I felt this heat taking over my body, from the inside out.  It starts from way inside and slowly burns its way out.  I felt like if you touched me, you would yank your hand away as if I burned you.  Even my eyeballs feel like they are red with heat, kind of like a new vampire in the "Twilight" series.  It started with just that one, but now I am up to about two or three a day.  Not liking the fact that I don't know when they are going to happen.

Know what else I don't like??  The fact that I am only 41 years old.  I am waaaaaay to young to be having hot flashes.  Does this mean I am going through menopause already??  Isn't it usually women over or around 50 who go through this??  What if I meet a man who sweeps me off my feet and wants to have one more child??  (hey, it could happen)  Hot flashes while pregnant...not a pretty picture.  Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here, maybe it's just a phase.  Maybe they are a result of my increased intensity in working out or because the humidity affects me differently as I age.  Maybe...oh, who am I kidding????  

No comments:

Post a Comment